Sunday, May 10, 2015

Inaugural Post

Welcome to the Superplex, the place where I put my thoughts when I'm done having them.

In the beginning I had my own domain and yes, I had to write all the code myself but dammit, things went where I wanted them on the page.  Then blogs came along and it seemed like they had attractive qualities for the more chronological kind of posting I wanted to be able to do.  I started several blogs with Blogger but felt limited in all of them, so I went to WordPress.  WordPress was a nightmare where I have at least one blog to this day that I can't get into because I changed my phone number once and failed to let WordPress know.  Some of the material I managed to extract from that blog was used to seed a new blog on Tumblr.  Tumblr is bizarre world I barely understand, but it allowed me to post pictures if in a clunky way and for a time I was happy there.

Recently, however, it's become more and more frustrating to make the kinds of tweaks I want on Tumblr.  I get caught up in endless loops of links that seem to take me everywhere except where I want to go.  Meanwhile, I kept noticing that all the blogs I liked best use a simple Blogger format, so here we are and once again the Great Migration will begin.